OPEN TO CURRENT 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, & 8th Grade Students
Reinforcing Your Child’s Foundational Writing & Reading Comprehension Skills
– Reading, writing, and analyzing expository and argumentative essays which integrate and synthesize course readings and are clearly focused, fully developed, and logically organized.
– Composing essays with sentences that are not impaired by excessive grammar, mechanical and proofreading errors.
Strengthening Your Child’s Writing, Reading, & Public Speaking Skills for Middle & High School Success
– Producing in-class essays and other assignments comprising a total of 250-1000 words that demonstrate organizing, composing, revising, editing, and time-management skills.
– Read actively, in order to analyze, evaluate and summarize course readings.
– Developing a Powerpoint or Prezi to deliver an academic presentation in front of their peers.
Enhancing Your Child’s Understanding of Common Core Writing & Reading Comprehension Skills
– Applying critical thinking skills to reading, writing and class discussion on academic and personal topics.
– Assisting your child with their understanding of common core writing, public speaking, and reading comprehension skills that are being taught in their current English class through one-on-one and small group tutoring. Free tutoring available every Saturday from 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
Fall Semester Program:
Every Saturday from
September 16, 2017 – December 16, 2017
Spring Semester Program:
Every Saturday from
January 13, 2018 – June 2, 2018
Los Angeles Campus
9800 S. La Cienega Blvd.
Inglewood, CA 90301
- We are offering a FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP for one Saturday only to try out our program with no commitment or obligation to enroll in the program.
- We invite you to sign up for a Free Trial Membership for one Saturday this semester at no cost to your family.
Partial & Full Scholarships
The NAPCA Foundation’s Scholarship fund makes the Saturday Mathematics Program more affordable for students with a financial need. Partial scholarships are available to students with an annual family income of less than $80,000 a year. In addition, full scholarships are available to high achieving students who have earned and maintained a 4.0 GPA and live in a household with an annual family income of less than $20,000 a year.
Note: Discounts cannot be combined with other offers. Only one discount per student and/or family.
Apply Online Now
Step 1. Visit www.NAPCAonline.org/weekend-academy to apply
Complete the following steps while filling out the weekend academy online admissions application:
Step 2. Choose the semester(s) you would like to enroll:
Fall Semester | Spring Semester | Fall and Spring Semester
Step 3. Choose your class for the semester you plan to enroll: Students can enroll in a math course in either Session A or Session B. Students cannot enroll in both Sessions.
Session A Classes Offered (8am – 12pm): Pre-College Writing & Public Speaking for 4th & 5th Grade Students | Pre-College Writing & Public Speaking for Middle School Students
Session B Classes Offered (12:30pm – 4:30pm): Pre-College Writing & Public Speaking for 4th & 5th Grade Students | Pre-College Writing & Public Speaking for Middle School Students
Step 4. Sign Up for FREE Tutoring (4:30pm – 6:30pm): One-on-One and Small Group Tutoring offered in Pre-College Writing & Public Speaking for Middle School Students.
*After students submit their application, an admission decision letter will be sent via email within 5 – 10 business days. Students who are admitted to the program will be required to pay a $50 registration fee per semester enrolled (Includes Textbooks and NAPCA T-Shirt) to secure their seat in the program.
Students will have an opportunity to enjoy many fun activities and events while attending the Saturday Mathematics Program. In addition, students will visit and learn about the college admissions and financial aid process at a variety of public and private regionally accredited four-year colleges/universities as well as two-year trade and technological schools and community colleges.
Click the button below to see a list of fun activities and events.
*There is an additional fee for monthly field trips.
*Cost of monthly field trips varies by activity.
Students are engaged in developing skills identified in the Common Core State Standards Initiative while enrolled in the Pre-College Writing and Public Speaking program. Click the button below to dowload the program’s curriculum snapshot.