OPEN TO CURRENT 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, & 8th Grade Students
Reinforcing Your Child’s Foundational Writing & Reading Comprehension Skills
- Reading, writing, and analyzing expository and argumentative essays which integrate and synthesize course readings and are clearly focused, fully developed, and logically organized.
- Composing essays with sentences that are not impaired by excessive grammar, mechanical and proofreading errors.
Strengthening Your Child’s Writing, Reading, & Public Speaking Skills for Middle & High School Success
- Producing in-class essays and other assignments comprising a total of 250-1000 words that demonstrate organizing, composing, revising, editing, and time-management skills.
- Read actively, in order to analyze, evaluate and summarize course readings.
- Developing a Powerpoint or Prezi to deliver an academic presentation in front of their peers.
Enhancing Your Child’s Understanding of Common Core Writing & Reading Comprehension Skills
- Applying critical thinking skills to reading, writing and class discussion on academic and personal topics.
- Assisting your child with their understanding of common core writing, public speaking, and reading comprehension skills that are being taught in their current English class through one-on-one and small group tutoring.
Our program operates every Saturday from January 6 – December 15, 2018 excluding holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
Los Angeles Campus
9800 S. La Cienega Blvd.
Inglewood, CA 90301
- We are offering a FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP for one Saturday only to try out our program with no commitment or obligation to enroll in the program.
- We invite you to sign up for a Free Trial Membership for one Saturday this semester at no cost to your family.
Need & Merit Based Scholarships are Available
The NAPCA Foundation’s Scholarship fund makes the Saturday Mathematics Program more affordable for students with a financial need. The fund also provides merit based scholarships to high achieving students.
Partial scholarships are available to high achieving students with an annual family income of less than $80,000 a year. In addition, full scholarships are available to high achieving students who have earned and maintained a 4.0 GPA (or received Outstanding marks/ “A” grades in all academic subjects on a recent report card) and live in a household with an annual family income of less than $18,000 a year.
Note: Discounts cannot be combined with other offers. Only one discount per student and/or family.
Apply Online Now
Visit NAPCAonline.org/weekend-academy-application to apply
After students submit their application, an admission decision letter will be sent via email within 5 business days. Students who are admitted to the program will be required to pay a $50 registration fee (Includes Textbooks and NAPCA T-Shirt) to secure their seat in the program.
There is an additional fee for monthly field trips and college tours
*Cost of monthly field trips varies by activity.
Students are engaged in developing skills identified in the Common Core State Standards Initiative while enrolled in the Pre-College Writing and Public Speaking program. Click the button below to dowload the program’s curriculum snapshot.